What I Cannot Live Without as a Parent
There are a lot of modern conveniences I would not like to live without as a parent. First, I’d have to say a pak ‘n play that functions as a play pen and bed (aka kid cage). I also love the bouncy seat so my baby can have a great time bouncing away. Of course, disposable diapers are an absolute mus
Oh, who am I kidding??? Let’s get real….
What I Really Cannot Live Without (or at least choose not to)
1. A daily cup of coffee. Or two. Or three. Preferably with a shot of espresso. Or two.
2. Tylenol for me, and occasionally for my kids. But mostly for me.
3. A good sense of humor. If you don’t already have this as a parent, get one.
4. Support and guidance from other friends who are also moms. This is self-explanatory.
5. Friends who are not moms. To warn me when I am dressing too much like a mom before Oprah’s makeover team shows up my door.
6. Family. For the free babysitting.
7. Concealer. The kind that goes on under my eyes after a long night of no sleep.
8. Kid-friendly TV programs. You heard me.
9. Afternoon naps. Theirs. So I can get mine.
10. The ability to get on my knees daily. In prayer. And then help to get back up again.
Two more conveniences that are pretty handy: The Parent Bloggers Network and Yogurt for Kids.
Oh yeah – Numbers 5 and 8. My daughter is now my #5. No way she will let me out looking schlumpa-dinka!