There’s an affiliate link in this post. Kinetic sand: it’s fun for the whole family. Buy it via this post and I earn a little commission.
It’s spring break time, yes?
Spring break is different as a parent. When I was a teacher, I remember heading out to the parking lot, smile on my face, so ready for a week of my own. A rest from 12-hour days, actually sitting down to eat lunch. (Come to think of it, actually eating lunch.)
Sending my students home to their parents for a whole week.
Of course, I always worked a lot on teaching stuff during spring break:
- Lesson planning & activities
- Cleaning up my classroom
- Catching up (but hardly ever getting ahead).
Now I’m the parent. The family dynamic changes with everyone home. No long travels planned. A day trip, perhaps.
The kids are all mine. All day.
I’ll be on call 24/7, as always. My workdays are 14-16 hours long, and I probably won’t sit down at lunch. How did that happen?
But it’s all cool. We’ll be doing some stuff:
- Maybe getting gardens ready for spring planting. We’ll get down and dirty.
- We’re already dirty, so we’ll stay outside and experience science!
- Play dates with friends – the ones you don’t get to see much when you start school.
- Play with matchbox cars and Legos.
- Clean up bedrooms a bit, clear out a bit more clutter
- Do laundry, like, every day. the kids will love it.
- Watch a movie or two.
- Run some errands
- Bake some cookies
- Do some painting. Possibly some crafts. Break out the cool kinetic sand on the forecasted cloudy days.